As part of my Giving Back Program I interviewed Camille Levy of Glendale Healthy Kids. This non-profit organization strives to fill the health care needs of the children of low income households- keeping dozens of children out of local emergency rooms and saving the tax payers tens of thousands of dollars each year.Here are some of the astonishing facts Camille shares in this interview:
- Over 30 children are treated each year and kept out of the local emergency room system
- That saves between $3,000 to $5,000 each visit
- Glendale Healthy Kids has saved the community over $2 million dollars!
- They do not accept and government funding
- Between 75% and 80% of donations goes directly toward services
- There are more than 250 health care providers volunteering their time and expertise to make this happen!
That is the dry recitation of facts and really cool, but not as compelling as Camille “Awesome Sauce” Levee, herself. Take the two minutes to experience her for yourself. You’ll be glad you did.Google+